Below are registration details for each of our Academy programs. Please be sure to reference your player's correct age group by viewing this chart.
Led by Alex Fonseca, players will be a part of a professional environment that will foster their development. Alex currently holds an USSF A coaching license and is a first team assistant for our women's team. This program is designed for player's that are in need of a bigger challenge without requiring a large time commitment. Upon graduation of this program, players will be recommended to our 9U-10U program.
• Players will train twice a week in the fall and spring with 1-2 session each week during the winter.
• Cost is $160 for outdoor seasons and $115 for indoor seasons.
• Training gear will be provided to players.
• Potential for one tournament based on numbers.
• Potential for an in-house league based on numbers.
2018-19 Registration is Open.
Please follow the link below to get signed up or contact Evan Janssen at Evan.Janssen@menacesoccer.com or (515) 457-6367 with any questions.
Led by Alex Fonseca (Des Moines) and Dan James (Grimes), the Des Moines Menace's 9U-10U Academy program is designed to allow players at this age level an opportunity to increase their development in the game of soccer with the goal of playing select soccer at the 11U level. We offer two locations - one in Des Moines and one in Grimes to provide families with convenient training and game locations. Upon graduation of this program, players will be encouraged to try out for our 11U select team.
The 9U-10U program is a bridge into select soccer, but it does follow some fundamental recreational principles, including 50% playing time in matches. With the guidance of professional coaches and licensed assistant coaches, the emphasis of the program is on individual player development on the field and personal development off of the field. The Menace Academy will participate in the 9U-10U Iowa Soccer Academy League and follows the state association's developmental guidelines, which include:
• A set training curriculum with mixed training groups • Mixing teams after each playing season • Small roster sizes
• Mandatory coach education and parent education • A focus on the individual player, not on the team
• All teams will play 6-7 scheduled league games and in the Central Iowa Academy Festival at a location in central Iowa (fall/spring).
• Most league games are generally scheduled for Saturday mornings, but there will be some exceptions to this (fall/spring).
• Teams will be formed in Grimes and Des Moines and will practice twice a week (fall/spring).
• Indoor seasons will consist of two training sessions each week. Players from both locations will train together (winter).
• Menace League Two tickets will be provided to each registrant.
• Cost is $260 for outdoor seasons and $115 for winter training.
2018-19 Registration is OPEN.
Please follow the links below to get signed up or contact Evan Janssen at Evan.Janssen@menacesoccer.com or (515) 457-6367 with any questions.
11U-19U Academy (Select)
Evan Janssen: Evan.Janssen@menacesoccer.com
Tomas Boltnar: Tomas.Boltnar@kumandgo.com
Menace PDL (Men) and WPSL (Women) open tryouts will occur on Saturday, April 21.